Betadine Antiseptic Liquid 15Ml
Item Code: 118109
- Used in both hospitals and households around the country, this antiseptic is recommended for the treatment of minor cuts and abrasions and is also effective against school sores, tinea and ringworm.
- Betadine Antiseptic Liquid rapidly kills all bacteria, fungi and viruses commonly responsible for wound and skin infections.
- It is essentially non-irritating to skin and will not permanently stain skin and natural fabrics.
- Not to be used in known hypersensitivity to iodine or povidone.
- If irritation, redness or swelling develops, discontinue treatment and consult a doctor.
- Discontinue if sensitivity or local irritation occurs.
- Not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if known to have thyroid disease including goiter, thyroid nodules, or other thyroid diseases (especially elderly patients) as there may be a risk of developing hyperthyroidism from the administration of large amounts of iodine.
- It should not be used for 4 weeks prior to treatment for cancer of the thyroid.
- Povidone-iodine preparations should not be applied over a long period and to large areas of the skin (e.g., not to more than 10% of the total body surface and for not longer than 14 days) unless strictly indicated.
- Contains 10% w/v Povidone-Iodine.
- Equivalent to 1% w/v available Iodine.
- Apply directly to the affected area two or three times daily or as directed.
- For external use only.